Tuesday, February 3

Random Things about Me.

1.I love studying at night. Something about the coolness, calmness and the silence. I would be listening to music and trying to read and do my assignments. And sometimes on short breaks, I would be writing down the lyrics to the songs I love. I would listen and write the lyrics down as the song is being played. And by doing this, I learnt that it improves your English, improves your listening skills (especially taking down lyrics to a rap song) and that most of the lyrics to love songs are predictable.

2.The most I've written in a week was 5 essays each about 5000 words. And on top of that I had a Math quiz. I have never been burnt out like that before but it was sure an experience. The feeling of it being over was euphoric!

3.Studying for exams with Adeline was GREAT! We would bring out our mattress to the living room, turn that place into a big camping ground. We would fill the dinning table with books, test papers, assignments, our snacks, my COKE,her COFFEE, our table lights, laptops, pens, pencils, cups and other what nots. We would study till wee hours in the morning, then head to MacDonalds for breakfast and then do more studying. After that we would go to the library to sleep. hahahaha...I think during exam periods we were only getting about 1hr of sleep for about a week.I seriously think during Uni, I was really lacking of sleep. hahahaha..

4.I am scared of Lizards. REAAALLLY scared of Lizards.Like I would rather die than to be near a lizard. My senses really heightens when a lizard is near. I can see that one tiny thing move 500m away, although my eyesight may not be that perfect. hehehehe...Somehow or another they seem to be attracted to me. I remember back in Bedok Ria, we had a small toilet at the back of the house. I was young then so I remembered going to pee and half closing the door. When washing my hands, I felt something drop on me and in the mirror I saw the tail of the lizard. Immediately I RAMMED into the toilet door, almost ripping it off and screaming for my maid. The Lizard had falled off me but I could still feel it in me!!! I kept jumping up and down and was in tears. After calming me down, my maid found a big cut on my leg which I apparently didn't feel like all. I didn't care what happened to me as long as I was away from the Lizard. BTW this has happened TO DATE about 7 times. Lizards LOOOOOVEEEE me!!! AAAAHH.....

5.I truly love cooking. I remember how we used to cook for about 20+ people almost every weekend back in Sydney. But now that I'm back with mum being my cook, I rarely get a chance to cook unless they decide to go away for a holiday.hahahaha..

6. If I had siblings. I would want to have an elder brother and a younger sister. I always imagined that my older brother would protect me and be someone I could go to. And I would be a big Jie Jie to my yonger sister. Help her with her problems and do fun girly things with her. Oh well, that's never going to happen now is it? hahaha

7. I have to sleep with a bolster or with something to hug. I feel very insecure when I have nothing to hug. BUT it must always be either a bolster or pillow.

8. I used to have this tape collection of oldies. And my maid would play it to wake me up or put me to sleep. Songs on the tape include; "Lipstick on your collar, Golden threads and Silver needles, Dear John, Put your sweet lips, Don't cry Joni...etc." I was only about 5+ then. So yup..I was an oldies kid! hahahaha... The lyrics to these songs are ones I will NEVER forget.

9. I have a thing for butterflies although I'm abit scared of the real thing. hehehe...I'm just amazed at how something soo ugly (caterpillar) turn out to be something soo colourful and beautiful. I'm always amazed at metamorphism. I associate myself with that actually. I love change. Change is good even if its for the better or worst. You always learn something from it. Hence my tattoo of a butterfly. It represents Change.

10.Everyone seems to wonder why on earth I have a degree in Math when I can't even do simple sums. Actually even I can't answer that question. Honestly sometimes I look at my certificate and wonder the same thing.hahaha...but I can tell you why I love Math. I love math not soo much for its numbers but for the skills you get out of it. Like the logic and reasoning way of thinking. There are soo many ways to look at a problem. So its a challenge to find the simplest way to it.

11.When I was young I used to love lying on the floor and looking up at the ceiling imagining what life would be upside down. I could do that for hours. Just pretending that everything was upside down. I could also stare at the ceiling fan for hours imagining life on the blades of the fan.

12. I love horror shows but they always scare the shits out of me. But its the adrenaline pumping feeling that gets me all high. So if you're a fan of horror flicks, please be my friend. hahaha

13. My dream place to visit would be Lapland. Lapland is the Wild North of Finland. You get to see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights), reeinders - apparently its a city that still rears reeinders, hahaha...and it experiences really cold winter (-50C at its worst).I love the cold but don't know if I can take it or not. hahahaha...

14.I don't care much for chocolate or ice cream. I eat them but I don't crave for them like some people. If its there, IL eat, if it isn't, then no big deal.

15. I don't really like drinking coffee. I'm a Tea person. But I do love the smell of coffee. I actually even got a certificate in being a coffee connoisseur. You see, in Sydney, they take their coffee making very seriously. So since I was working at this coffee place, they sent me for a 2 day coffee training. You learn how to make the different types of coffee, the different types of beans,and how much milk to water..blah blah blah. My coffeeholic friends were extremely jealous. hahaha..The only coffee I probably drink is a Irish Creme Latte. But again, I'm a Tea person. I drink all sorts of tea. My favourite is the Earl Grey. I can sit at a cafe with a pot of Earl Grey and it'd just ease me troubles away.

16. I am a jeans,tshirt and slippers type of girl.

17. I love my slippers and do wish I could wear them everyday. I own 6 pairs of 'REAL' Havaianas. (pink, brown, silver, black, Australian Flag, white). It was until I went to Bugis that I realised they sold 'fake' Havaianas.

18. I don't care much for makeup. Only after much nagging from my mum, I've started to use the blusher and eyeliner. That's all. I would rather have the extra minutes sleeping..than wasting time using makeup! hahahaha...

No comments: