Monday, April 6

26 things why I dread turning 26!

26 Reasons why I'm dreading turning 26!

1. Everyone around me are either Married, Married with Kids, or getting married.

2. The age category has changed from 20-25 to 26-30.

3. IL be 30 in 4 years time! I as 20, 6 years ago!!

4. Your body really takes a toll on you. At 18, I could head out to clubs at 9pm and come back at 7am only to take a quick shower and head out again for classes.and I actually paid attention in class!! Now, by 2am, my eyes are half closed and my body weighs a ton from dancing. And there's no way I could get up in time to go to work the next day.

5. I don't even go clubbing nowadays. (reasons up ahead - apart from aching body)

6. I have to responsible with money. Although I work and earn MY own money, money which I could do anything with, I now have responsibilities.

7. Parents are older = more nagging and since you're still living under the same roof as them, there's no excuse not to listen to them.

8. You really got to start thinking about your life. Your aims, and goals and START going for it. And you have to be realistic about it. No more childhood games/dreams.

9. All the last teenage music artist are foreign to me. The last teenage pop group that I used to (and still do) listen are the Backstreet Boys, Boyzone, Spicegirls, Take That, All for One, Boys to Men..

10. The artists I used to grow up to (Mickey Mouse Club, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Jessica Alba) are all now married with Kids!!!

11. Shows like 90210 are being re-made to fit the 'Younger' crowd! haha

12. It was 4 years ago since I last studied for an exam. 10 years ago since I took my O's.

13. Ive come to an age where I start reminiscing about the past. And start singing "those were the days my friend..we thought they'll never end"..and you were younger, all you could think of was the future..now I find myself thinking of the past more. sigh..

14. People have started calling me Auntie! and that's not the worst part..I've begun accepting it! *HORROR*

15. During parties, especially CNY, aunties (kaypoh ones) keep asking when you're going to get married. And when you tell them that you're still finding the perfect man, theygive u the "hopeless" look, or the something-must-be-wrong-with-
you look.

16. My grandma keeps telling me (and I tell myself its becoz she's old and she forgot, she has told me this before) "when I was ur age, I was already a mother of 3"

17. I have to start watching my diet. My metabolism rate isn't as high as it was many years ago.

18. I have to start taking proper care of my skin. Use sunblock, moisturizer, blah blah..coz I don't want to look 40 when I'm in my 30s.

19. My bag now seems to have more 'rubbish'. Before all I needed was a simple wallet and my housekeys. Now I have housekeys, car keys, 3 wallets (one for name cards, one for credit cards, and one for cash), tissues, and other random redundant stuff.

20. R21 now means nothing to me (well it never did coz Singapore always censored things even AFTER rating it R21).

21. I'm one chapter away from death. The next chapter in life is marriage and then death. I've already begun my Career chapter.

23. I have started to understand the real importance of life insurance.

24. I have to start dressing my age. Can't dress too kiddish or else people will call me "try hard". hahaha...at least when you're younger, you can dress to be young or old..either way u could probably pass it off.

25. I tend to forget more. I was going to type something in here but I forgot what I wanted to say.

26. Whatever it is, the bottom line is I'm getting old. But life ain't that bad, there are good things from being 26!..haha

No comments: