Thursday, August 3

How many times have you heard the saying "...because I'm a mother." or "wait till you become a mother and you'll understand." What's up with that? Do we really have to become a mother to fully understand what they mean when they say "no don't do that but do this instead." In my entire life, I've heard that saying too many times, and not only from just my mother. Hmmm...reckon IL say it to others or to my own kids someday?? Geez..


Anyways, 2.5 days more till I'm in the other side of the world. Can't wait I tell you. Its going to be soo soo exciting!! Gonna start packing tonight. What to bring? What to bring? IL be travelling light so limiting what I want and I need to bring is gonna be tough. Another dilema of mine was deciding whether to bring my laptop or not. Bringing it only meant entertainment on board the plane (SIMS, my sitcoms). So weighing out the pros and cons I decided not to bring my lappy. So what did I do instead?? I googled up 'things to do on board a plane', and this cool thing came up.

I used to fly a hell of a lot and always thought that a large jigsaw puzzle would have been ideal if it wasn’t for the space considerations. somebody should miniaturize jigsaws so that you could do a 5000 piece puzzle on the tray table. It would be a boon for the magnifying glass and tweezer manufacturers!


For me, it’s got to be magazines and short books. My first long haul, I tried bringing big meaty books, but I couldn’t concentrate on them long enough to get into it. Magazines and short books hit the need-to-occupy-but-not-get-bored happy medium. I suggest Utne, James Lee Burke, Mother Jones, The Week, The Nation, and Wired for traveling.
Count down from 1 000 000 000. Remember the number you reach by landing and try to beat your record on the next trip.


Write an open-source operating system that combines Unix, Linux, and Plan 9’s best features
playing cards? and force the person next to you to play a game of go fish. (or maybe mini checkers, chess or dominoes.)


DRINK!

No comments: